The Wiltshire Gardens Trust is a Charity. It uses the funds it generates through membership and the events and trips it organises to support a number of aims and objectives.
- An education programme to encourage a new generation of gardeners which involves visiting, advising and giving grants to assist in the making of gardens in Wiltshire’s Primary and Special schools.
- Assists in the conservation of Wiltshire gardens.
- Stimulates interest in the arts and skills of gardening.
- Supports the National Council for the Conservation of Plants and Gardens.
What we do
- Visits to parks and gardens, many of which are not normally open to the public, in the spring and summer months.
- Annual lectures on a variety of relevant subjects.
- Carrying out research and recording on gardens. See our Surveys page for more information.
- Monitoring and commenting on planning applications affecting Wiltshire parks, gardens and landscapes. More information is available on our Planning page.
- Publication of a twice-yearly Journal. Copies of a selection of past articles are available on our Journal page.
All of our events provide an opportunity for those with a mutual love of gardens and gardening to share their knowledge, experience and enthusiasm.